|Updated||SAMARITAN||SAMARITAN||CHRISTIAN HEALTHCARE MINISTRIES|
|PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY AMOUNT BEFORE SHARING STARTS
||$400/incident||$1500/incident||$0 if need is at least $500. No sharing for needs less than $500||$2500/incident||$5000/incident|
|family of 3+||$495||$350||$516||$354||$234|
|couple mid 20s||$440||$200||$344||$236||$156|
|MONTHLY COST REDUCED IF FEWER NEEDS THAT MONTH||Yes||Yes||No|
| SHARING LIMITS PER NEED, BASE PROGRAM (more available,
||100%||90% (member pays 10% with max of $13,500)||all||some costs excluded||some costs excluded|
|MATERNITY||100% of shareable, all expense types||max of $5000||all exp.||hospital only and $2500 for midwife||hospital only|
|SAMARITAN, BOTH PLANS||CHRISTIAN HEALTHCARE MINISTRIES|
|ANNUAL FEES, APPLICATION FEES||No annual fee, $200 application fee||No annual fee or application fee|
|GUIDELINES OF WHAT’S SHARED||Samaritan guidelines||CHM Guidelines|
|MONTHLY PAYMENT||send direct to Members||sent to CHM to be shared|
|AVAILABILITY||all states||all states|
|REFERRAL PROGRAM||$100 credit||free month for each new membership|
|SHARING TIMELINE||30-60 days typically (1-2 mo)||90-120 days typically (3-4 mo)|
|WHO SENDS BILLS||patient sends bills to Samaritan||patient sends bills to CHMinistries|
Save to Share program for everything above $250,000.
No lifetime limits
|FAQ||Samaritan FAQs||CHMinistries FAQs|
||Step up plan for pre-existing conditions (Gold plan only, must be maintenance mode, not actively being treated)
|CATASTROPHIC||Save to Share Program. For needs above $250k, you put money in savings that you may be asked to share. $15 annual fee
||Brother’s Keeper Program. For needs above $125k (gold members, unlimited – silver/bronze extra $100k), $40 annual fee. Avg cost is $45/quarter for each membership unit (each person is a unit, max of 3)
Money sent to Brother’s Keeper escrow account each quarter
|JOINING WHILE PREGNANT|
- No tobacco use.
- Moderate alcohol use allowed, no drinking to excess.
- No s-e-x outside of marriage.
- No abortion coverage.
- Must be a Christian and attend church regularly.
- Routine care not published on either one.
- Both are exempt from the ACA, no fines/fees/taxes from the government for being a member.
- No increase in monthly share amounts for having more children.
- Monthly shares do not go up as you get older.
- Samaritan publishes/shares twice as much with a regular membership as CHMinistries ($250k vs $125k)
- Samaritan will reduce the monthly share in any month that has fewer needs, CHM does not.
- Samaritan shares in 25 chiropractic visits, CHMinistries does not share any chiropractic care.
OUR SAMARITAN NEED EXPERIENCE